Location: Brooklyn, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time
The objective is to increase the overall effectiveness of significant projects & assist in reaching management goals and corporate short & long-term objectives. This is a highly visible, newly created position which provides an excellent opportunity for an Engineer with experience & education who is technically astute, highly motivated & interested in gaining exposure to the high tech business environment. This position can provide growth opportunities in areas like business management, new product development or sales management.
We are seeking a career-minded college graduate, with a degree in Engineering or an MBA with a technical background and 5+ years’ work experience who is interested in business operations. The ideal candidate is someone who can fulfill an important support role of providing technical assistance, project management and administrative services to our VP. This position can provide growth opportunities in areas like business management, new product development or sales management.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
- Work with senior management to create Project Charters (Purpose, Scope, Objective, Deliverables and Expected timeframe).
- Develop and document project plans, define project team members, manage and report on the project status for multiple simultaneous projects across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Work with senior management to create Project Charter (Purpose, Scope, Objective, Deliverables and Expected timeframe).
- The scope of projects assigned cover several business areas, such as:
- Product development
- Business development
- Business Procedures and Processes
- Engineering (Electrical, Manufacturing, QA, Computer)
- Clearly communicate Project Charter and expectations to Project Team members.
- Act as mediator between Project Team Members, resolving issues and obstacles throughout the project lifecycle.
- Effectively manage the project scope to ensure that scope changes are documented and approved.
- Provide analysis of technical and business data as part of project scoping effort and project effectiveness.
- Define how each projects’ results will be measured.
- Track and accurately report project status on all active projects to senior management.
- Provide a post project evaluation on all completed projects.
- Ensure all project documentation is thoroughly defined, accurately and properly stored for each project.
- Develop project management and reporting tools, create best practices for project execution and project management.
- Perform ad hoc activities as assigned by senior management or as needed for the benefit of the company.
- Any other job related task as assigned by management.
- To work in accordance with all company procedures.
- Knowledge (level of education, experience and training an individual must have at minimum to be considered qualified for the position)
- BSEE preferred and MBA preferred or other technical degree with 5+ years’ practical project management experience in a hi-tech company, preferably in the RF/Microwave electronics market.
- Prior work for a global manufacturing company a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of RF technologies is highly desired.
- Specific Requirements and Skills
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) due to ITAR compliance.
- Ability to prepare and manage detailed project plans including resources required and budgetary costs.
- Ability to create, manipulate, utilize spreadsheets, word processing programs.
- Excellent report writing, document preparation and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (with emphasis in Excel), MS Project and generally computer savvy.
- Ability to create process flow charts.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a demand for accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced, demanding environment with exceptionally high quality and customer service standards.
- Take personal ownership and demonstrate strong concern for process improvements.
- Assist in management presentations and on occasion, making such presentations.
Mini-Circuits offers career advancement, a competitive salary commensurate with education, skills and work experience plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Local candidates only.
No phone calls, please.